The Institute has 175 acres land. The built up area is 22,320.00 Sq.m. At present the institute has adequate building accommodation to house all the academic programmes offered at the campus. The Institute has created state-of-the-art infrastructure in terms of class-rooms, furniture, teaching aids, laboratories, equipments, library, etc. The various infrastructural facilities available in the institute include 10 teaching departments, 02 hostels for boys, 2 hostels for girls, central library, 5 departmental libraries, an administrative block, health centre, cafeteria, own water works, RO systems for providing potable water, a Bank and sports grounds.
|Sl.No||Instructional area||Area in sq.m|
|Total amenities area (principal quarters, staff quarters, guest house and hostels)|
- 800 computers and 9 servers.
- Student machine ratio 1:3.
- English Language Laboratory.
- 24x7 Centralized Computer Center.
- Opened beyond college hours.
- Internet facility through 20Mbps leased line (BSNL).
- Campus Wide Network with wifi connectivity including hostels.
- Spacious and well-furnished laboratories.
- Equipment required for UG & PG Laboratories are made available.
- Well connected wide roads to all the academic blocks, administrative building and hostels.
- Enough scope for improvement.
Freedom given to the staffAll the teaching faculty members have the freedom to select the academic programmes depending of their interest for attending to academic workshops, seminars, conferences etc. Further college encourages all the teaching staff by allowing them to attend any academic programme by providing financial assistance in the form of TA, DA & Registration fee. In addition to this, their absence to attend the programmes will be treated as on duty. All the faculty members are encouraged for applying UGC/MHRD/AICTE/DST etc. for funding under different schemes. College is encouraging young staff members to do their Ph.D programme by deputation to reputed higher learning institutions (IITs/NITs). In addition to this, provision also provided to register for their Ph.Ds in the same University /other Universities as part time candidates. Further to encourage the teaching staff, they are exempted from paying the tuition fee for their Ph.Ds. Teaching staff members are given freedom to organize the lecturers/ workshops in their interested field by inviting experts from reputed institutions by providing financial assistance from the college funds. They have also the freedom to coordinate with the students in the conduct of student paper contest, workshops/ symposia etc.
Best Practices in Curricular AspectsQuality enhancement measures undertaken by the institution during the last six years in curricular aspects
- Organization of training programs for faculty whenever new courses are introduced .
- Organization and skill development programs in communication skills and computer skills.
- External paper setting and evaluation system in examinations.
- Introduction of student and teacher feedback mechanism .
- Providing expert lectures through NPTEL videos and QEEE programmes.
- Conducting of mock practice test for various competitive exams.
- Introducing of Comprehensive Online examination.
- Implementing the guide lines of UGC and AICTE.
- Organization of remedial classes.
- Educational and industrial tours.
- Organization of seminars and workshops.
- Use of Charts, maps, models in the class rooms.
- Providing a seminar hall with LCD projector for each department.
- Providing video conferencing facilities in each department.