Constitution of Board of Governing Council
Members of BoG
Subject to the existing provision in the bye-laws of respective college and rules laid down by the state government, the governing body of the above colleges shall have powers to:
- Fix the fees and other charges payable by the students of the college on the recommendations of the Finance Committee.
- Institute scholarships, fellowships, studentships, medals, prizes and certificates on the recommendations of the Academic Council.
- Approve institution of new programmes of study leading to degrees and/or diplomas.
- Perform such other functions and institute committees, as may be necessary and deemed fit for the proper development, and fulfill the objectives for which the college has been declared as autonomous.
Academic Council: Structure & Functions
The University has granted academic autonomy to JNTUA College of Engineering, Pulivendula from the academic year 2013-14 for framing the academic regulations, course structure and syllabi for the institution. For this purpose, College Academic Council has been constituted by the University. The composition of the College Academic Council is given below:
Academic Council Members
Without prejudice to the generality of functions mentioned, the Academic Council will have powers to:
- Scrutinize and approve the proposals with or without modification of the Boards of Studies with regard to courses of study, academic regulations, curricula, syllabi and modifications thereof, instructional and evaluation arrangements, methods, procedures relevant thereto etc., provided that where the Academic Council differs on any proposal, it will have the right to return the matter for reconsideration to the Board of Studies concerned or reject it, after giving reasons to do so.
- Make regulations regarding the admission of students to different programmes of study in the college.
- Make regulations for sports, extra-curricular activities, and proper maintenance and functioning of the playgrounds and hostels.
- Recommend to the Governing Body proposals for institution of new programmes of study.
- Recommend to the Governing Body institution of scholarships, studentships, fellowships, prizes and medals, and to frame regulations for the award of the same.
- Advise the Governing Body on suggestions(s) pertaining to academic affairs made by it.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Governing Body.
Boards of Studies: Structure & Functions
After granting of Academic autonomy to the Institution by the University, College has constituted Board of Studies for all the departments with the following composition
The Board of Studies of a department in the college shall:
- Prepare syllabi for various courses keeping in view the objectives of the college, interest of the stakeholders and national requirement for consideration and approval of the Academic Council;
- Suggest methodologies for innovative teaching and evaluation techniques;
- Suggest panel of names to the Academic Council for appointment of examiners; and coordinate research, teaching, extension and other academic activities in the department/college.
The following are the Individual Board of Studies of various faculties: